1 INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
1.2.1 “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service;
1.2.2 “Company” means RODEL FINANCIAL SERVICES PROPRIETARY LIMITED (“RODEL FINANCIAL SERVICES”), a private company incorporated in terms of the laws of the Republic of South Africa with registered address 14 Nuttall Gardens, Morningside, Durban, South Africa;
1.2.3 “Cookies” small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses;
1.2.4 “Country” refers to: The Republic of South Africa;
1.2.5 “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet;
1.2.6 “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
1.2.7 “Service” refers to the Website(s) of RODEL FINANCIAL SERVICES
1.2.8 “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
1.2.9 “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
1.2.10 “Website” refers to RODEL FINANCIAL SERVICES, accessible from
www.rodel.co.za, or apps.rodel.co.za
1.2.11 “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
2 COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1 Types of Data Collected
2.1.1 Personal Data
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Province, Postal code, City
2.1.2 Data used for Email Marketing
If you are a new or existing client of ours, you can subscribe to our quarterly newsletter via our website. The information required will include:
- Email address
- First name
- Phone number
You may at any time review or change the information in your profile by:
- Visiting this link and updating your account.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Notifying us of your preferences at the time you liaise with us via email.
- Unsubscribing to our newsletter (if you are subscribed) by clicking here.
- Contacting us by emailing: email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
2.1.3 Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service and may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
2.1.4 Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be Persistent or Session Cookies: Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
2.1.5 Use of Your Personal Data
The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
- to identify you;
- in order for us to process your instructions, applications or requests;
- in order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
- once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to contact You.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law. In terms of the provisions of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent:
- If we are required to do so by law or a court order;
- If disclosure is in the public interest;
- If disclosure is in the Company’s interest;
- With your implied consent.
2.1.6 Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
2.1.7 Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
3 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Business Transactions
3.2 Law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
3.3 Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
4 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
7 CONTACT US
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: www.rodel.co.za